PLEASE NOTE: The 50k ULTRA route has been modified for 2021, due to safety concerns, state forest guidance, and volunteer considerations. It will consist of three loops of the 15k route, plus an added 5k loop that will be integrated into the first time around the course. See map.
50k Ultra Race Details-Saturday, September 26, 2021
Start time: 7:30AM
Finish time: 5:30PM (10 hours)
Capacity: 200 persons
Event fee: $75 until July 15, after which fee increases to $85 plus online fees.
Registration closes on September 12, 2021 or earlier if the event sells out. No event-day registration. Online registration only.
The 50k Ultra is a minimum intermediate level challenge with the route crossing over rock fields, narrow and uneven terrain, steep climbs and several stream crossings.
• Start at Furnace Stack Pavilion in Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
• Finish at the Ironmaster’s Mansion
• 31-mile/50-kilometer looped course, consisting of 3 loops of the 15k course, plus a 5k additional loop that will be integrated into the first time around the course. Participants return twice to the Furnace Stack Pavilion check-in/aid station, and finish the last loop at the Ironmaster’s Mansion finishline.
• Staffed Aid Stations include: Water Station 1/Laurel Lake Boat Launch, Checkpoint 1/Cold Springs Rd, and Checkpoint 2/Furnace Stack Pavilion. All stations are open for each additional loop of the 50k course.
•Trail consists of a variety of single track, blazed trails, rocky terrain, cindered surface, and logging roads through Pine Grove Furnace State Park and Michaux State Forest.
• 4450 feet of elevation gain
• 4430 feet cumulative vertical descent
• 1390 feet highest elevation point
• 790 feet lowest elevation point
• The following Cut-Off times will be enforced at the finish of each loop:
Completion of Loop 1: 3 hours and 50 minutes (3:50)
Completion of Loop 2: 6 hours and 50 minutes for the second loop (6:50)
Finish/Completion of Loop 3: 10 hours
• Professional timing provided by Pretzel City Sports
• Average pace: 3.15 mph
|50k Aid Stations||Location||Section Miles||Total Miles||Depart by Cut-off time||Distance From Start||Provisions|
|WS-1||Laurel Lake Boat launch||Water, energy drink, first aid, snack|
|CP-1||Cold Spring Road Spur||Full service – Must check-in and out|
|CP-2||Furnace Stack Pavilion||Full service – Must check-in and out|
|Finish||Ironmaster’s Mansion||Finishline and Picnic Lunch|